Monday, July 8, 2013

The GIANT bookcase

Two things about me, 
1. I love organization
2. I'm an impulse buyer

Which brings me to this,

Last week I was thinking it would be nice to put a small book case on an empty wall in my living room for some of my favorite book/items... this led to looking on Craigslist... which then led to seeing this add....


This thing was HUGE but after a few emails I learned it was in great condition, solid wood, and she only wanted $100 for it, my mind was made up, I didn't know where I was going to put it but I NEEDED it, it was just too good a deal to pass up. I then searched Craigslist labor section and found an add stating they did all types of moves on short notice, gave them a call and they offered to go pick it up, deliver, and set it up for $40! I decided to use it to replace this black shelf in my craft room....


The new shelf was enormous! But has large cabinets for hidden storage, drawers, and 8 adjustable shelves


This will be the new organizational station for my paints, fabrics, scrapbook paper, almond other crafting supplies.

The ironic part of this story is that in my booth I mainly do sewing projects, antiques, vintage items- I painted a small end table once but have been intimidated at the thought of painting anything bigger... Until now...I thought "I can totally paint that, it'd look great white!" The same night I brought it home, me and my boyfriend took off all the hardware, lightly sanded the piece and applied the first coat of chalk paint, tomorrow the final coat will go on, beadboard will go on the back of the shelves that you see unpainted, along with distressing, antique waxing the piece, and painting the hardware. I will post the finished project, here's the piece in its current state...


Needless to say, I now feel like I could tackle any piece of furniture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment