Saturday, July 20, 2013

Coffee table

I went to a preview for an auction last night and fell in love with this map cabinet,


The auction started today at 4pm, I sat for four straight hours- starving as they went through about 100 other pieces of furniture and some hideous figurines to get to this beauty- everything was going ridiculously high but I held out knowing i would beat myself up if it went for what I was willing to pay. I am cheap when it comes to home decor- especially since I get most things at yard sales/estate sales, but I was so in love with this that I told myself I was willing to go to $400, I looked on eBay and etsy and determined it was well worth this. When they got to this piece- I felt sick- especially after watching at least 20 people go look at it, open its drawers, inspect it close while I whispered "back away." Bidding started at $50 and ended with my bid of $275 :)     

I called my grandma after I won exclaiming my excitement and she suggested I get glass cut to fit the top and put an old map underneath- brilliant!

This will now probably be with me until I die and my children are like "What the heck do we do with this? And who's going to want 421 mason jars?" 









1 comment:

  1. Are those slipcovers on the sofa and chair and where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete