1 pound uncooked shrimp
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 chopped green bell pepper
Tony's creole spice
Ground red pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (I found some at publix that had cream cheese shreds mixed in- I think this added a great creaminess to the dish)
1/4 cup half and half
3 cups prepared yellow corn grits
Putting it all together:
1. Cook your grits as per directions- when done add a few tablespoons of half and half and about 1/4 of your package of cheese and stir until melted, keep on warm.
2. Chop all your veggies and peel your shrimp if they are in the shell. Add a generous amount of the Tonys seasoning, some salt and pepper, and a teaspoon of ground red pepper to both the veggies and shrimp.
3. Melt your 1/2 stick of butter in a pot or Dutch oven- add your minced garlic and sauté peppers, onion, and celery until desired tenderness.
4. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are done. Taste one and add more Tonys if needed- I like mine on the spicy side :)
5. When shrimp are cooked through- add remaining bag of cheese and the half and half.
6. Get a heapin serving of grits onto a plate and spoon the shrimp mixture over top and enjoy!