Monday, July 15, 2013

Mirror mirror on the wall

I'm not a fan of those huge builder grade mirrors they put in new construction homes- I asked that my builder just leave them out of my two baths so I wouldn't have to rip them off (their always glued it seems) and damage the wall. I had 3 months to find mirrors- I found the perfect mirror for my guest bath within weeks but could not find one for my master bath, I've now lived in my house for 3 months with a little mirror leaning against my wall behind the left sink. I didn't want to just settle and I wanted something with a little more character than a traditional rectangle or square, my other option was two separate mirrors but I could never find two in a pair that would fit the space. I was recently at an antique mall and saw this beauty...


It had just the character and lines I had been looking for only it was a tad bit small- I went for it anyways because of its 30.00 price tag. I gave it a coat of milk paint in Annie sloans "Arles" which is the perfect golden yellow.


Then a light wipe down with light brown antique wax, and had a friend help me hang it up- hanging heavy items is not my strong point,



Forgot to take a picture without the blue painters tape- but you get the idea. It doesn't extend the span of the wall- but I think it's a good fit. I debated between yellow or white- but with the white cabinets and mostly white granite I thought a pop of color would be fitting- my bedding has a lot of the golden yellow  so the two rooms tie together. 

One more thing to cross off the to do list :)



No comments:

Post a Comment