Monday, July 28, 2014

Shrimp scampi


This is one of my favorite recipes, it's simple, with minimal ingredients, and just so fresh tasting!

(I doubled this recipe because I like to take leftovers and to work, and I always get seconds at dinner....)

Round it up;
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced 
  • 1 tablespoon large raw shrimp
  • 1/2 cup white wine (I used this boxed chardonnay, the rooster caught my attention..)
  • 2 whole lemons squeezed
  • salt, pepper, tony's seasoning- just a few dashes of each
  • 1 box of angel hair pasta
  • fresh basil
  • fresh grated parmesan cheese



Mince your garlic and squeeze those lemons,


Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet until melted, add garlic and cook for a few minutes, this is when your whole house begins to smell wonderful!


Add shrimp and cook until pink and done


Squeeze in the lemon juice, add wine, butter, and seasonings and reduce heat to low.


Add your fresh basil and parmesan, isn't that gorgeous!?


Serve over a bed of angel hair :)








No comments:

Post a Comment