Monday, June 9, 2014

Taco Pasta

Sounds like a weird combination, right? But I love pasta, and I love Mexican so when I saw this recipe I decided to give it a shot.  This is probably one of my top five favorite dinners.

Gather your ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef (I used ground deer, yum!)
  • 12 oz. pasta of your choice- shells or rotini complement this nicely.
  • 1 small onion, chopped fine
  • 1 love of garlic, minced
  • 1 can mild rotel
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning (I use the hot and spicy, but it is truly pretty spicy)
  • 3 oz cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Getting started:

Cook your pasta and brown your meat and onions.



Add your Rotel (don't drain),  garlic, and taco seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.


I put the 3 oz of cream cheese in the microwave briefly to help it melt down some, then add it and the 1/2 cup sour cream into the meat mixture (I transferred to the pasta pot to allow more room), stir it all together.


Add some fresh cilantro in if preferred


Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment