Sunday, June 1, 2014

Project courtyard complete!

In my last post on updating my courtyard- I was still on the hunt for the perfect thing to go along the long wall that connects the garage door to my homes back door.  I knew a potting bench would be the perfect solution but hadn't found any I thought would fit the part.  I also had plans with my boyfriend to build a patio table.  Well during the last few weekends- I have finished the courtyard! We built a patio table, I found the perfect potting bench, and bought new cushions for my wicker chairs.  I searched online for a DIY patio table- I had plans to build one out of a pallet but then stumbled upon this blog post 

www.wouldntitbelovelyblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/diy-chevron-patio-table.html

She goes into detail on how to build the table including a supply list, measurements, and drawings.  My boyfriend reconfigured the drawing to make it half the size and square and we got to work....

We used untreated 2 by 4's for the frame and chevron top and later stained with a deck stain, the legs are treated cedar 4 by 4's.



The galvanized metal chairs and rug are from target, A man who has a booth at University Pickers built the cooler, the metal chicken and white plant stand were from an auction, and the Pig was found on a yard sale site on Facebook by a good friend of mine.



I think the potting bench is perfect for this space, it has a hole cute out where a bucket fits to mix soil.  It will also double as a counter for food during get togethers.

My only further plans for this space include finding some old shutters for the window that shares a wall with the door.  I would also like to find some old signage to hang on the brick. 

Now if only spring/summer could stick around forever...









No comments:

Post a Comment