Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spring is in the air

Every year I try to grow basil and cilantro- and every year I usually fail, killing it within weeks of buying it.

But this year it's looking like a success! I actually have enjoyed taking care of my plants and having them be the first thing I see leaving and entering my home. Since my courtyard space is so tiny- I wanted to create a more vertical system for my pots as to save space. I found a three tiered metal plant stand at an auction and painted some cheap terra cotta pots black on the bottom half and painted the names of the herbs. I also planted some perrineals and put a hydrangea in an old whiskey barrel my papa gave me. 






Still deciding on the perfect way to plant and display these succulents inside, I've heard they are pretty indestructible. 


Heard it's supposed to be a nice weekend with temps reaching into the 90's, everyone get out there and enjoy the sunshine! 




2 comments: